Research led design from Herman Miller again sets a new benchmark in smart office furnishings. ...
17 July 2012
The Kite Table
The latest generation of the much talked about Kite table proves to be the ultimate transformer.
Abf Europe first conceived the idea of the Kite table more than a decade ago to help facilitate meeting and training sessions and create better multifunctional spaces.
“Back in the late ‘90s we heard lots of complaints from facilities managers about the folding table options available in the market,” says Darren Buttle, Abf Europe’s managing director.
End users were consulted from day one on Kite’s design, says Buttle, and considerations such as ease-of-use, rapid re-configuration, health and safety, and line of sight/communication issues were all looked into in the making of the product.
Every iteration of the award-winning Kite table has been thoughtfully tweaked and improved upon, and the third and latest generation, which incorporates castor technology, is no different.
Key features of Kite 750:
- The dual-locking castor enables both the stem and wheels to be locked; this turns the castor into a foot once the brake has been engaged for perfect stability. The locked castor also removes the need for linking devices between tables.
- A 50mm height adjustment ensures that each table-top meets flush on the most uneven floors.
- The narrow transit profile fits easily through doors.
- The patented Kite shape facilitates multiple configurations. Everyone has a defined 750mm workspace with a clear line of sight to colleagues.
- With 580mm uninterrupted legroom, no one sits astride a table leg, writes over a seam or is squashed into a corner.
- The table can be quickly and easily assembled by one person – no heavy lifting and no need for a trolley. Kite tables are easily folded, moved and nested allowing users to make the most of their working space.
Kite has been designed to facilitate meetings of all shapes and sizes, and offers the ideal configuration for any presentation style. The table is also ideal for small and large social gatherings, and maximises the use of even the most compact of space.
550 has been designed for use in narrow or difficult shaped rooms, while the reduced table width optimises the number of delegates that can be accommodated.
The MiniMobile is ideal for a home or office work environment. The table features a compact storage profile and is easy to move around. The lower height option also makes it ideal for kids.
Kite is available in Singapore through Haworth.